Lifeline Suicide Crisis Support Program (LSCSP)
The Lifeline Suicide Crisis Support Program (LSCSP) offers
Whether you are thinking of suicide, have experienced a suicide attempt or are a health care provider with a client who could benefit from this program, please contact the LSCSP Co-ordinator on 9498 8805 for further information.
- one-on-one phone contact from an experienced telephone counsellor, specially trained in suicide prevention
- caring, non judgmental support
Lifeline Harbour to Hawkesbury has been operating this suicide prevention service since 2000.
LSCSP aims to help clients stay safe through their current crisis and develop strategies to sustain their life.
- regular calls, initiated by the counsellor
- support for a period of crisis
How do LSCSP counsellors work?
Our counsellors aim to
- work collaboratively with the client
- build a trusting and empowering relationship
- develop and reinforce a plan for staying safe
- encourage creative ways of seeking help
- develop and support coping strategies and resilience
- help the client to connect or re-connect with thei resources within their community
- identify a suport network and/or ways of staying safe in the future
Call 13 11 14 for immediate support or counselling 24 hours, every day of the year.
Who is the Suicide Crisis Support Program for?
Anyone who is
- at risk of suicide or has attempted suicied and is in a current crisis
- 18 years or over
- willing and able to consent to and participate in the program
- Living in the Hornsby, Ku-ring-gai, Ryde, Willoughby, Lane Cove or North Sydney local government areas (see other Lifeline centres for other areas).
Contact the local Lifeline Suicide Crisis Support Co-ordinator, on 9498 8805, for further information.
We support people in need, in many ways.
Our services include:
- 24hr Telephone Counselling
- Face-to-Face counselling
- Suicide prevention programs
- Emergency relief
- Community Aid
- Support Line
Need to contact us?
Want to volunteer?
We are constantly seeking volunteers for all our services, as well as for fundraising, events and marketing. Please contact us to find out more.
"The personal reward and satisfaction that I've got from giving my time to helping others through Lifeline has been huge. I'd encourage anyone who
has a couple of hours a week to think seriously about it."
Testimonial from Claire (Phone counsellor),
1 October 2006