Lifeline Harbour to Hawkesbury Services
Lifeline Harbour to Hawkesbury provides many services for the local community (see our coverage area)
Telephone Counselling and support
Read our Frequently Asked Questions
Lifeline was founded as a telephone counselling service. All services are provided by trained & accredited volunteer counsellors. Services include:
- 13 11 14 - 24-hours every day of the year
- Support Line - regular care calls for lonely and isolated people.
- Lifeline's Suicide Crisis Support Program (LSCSP)
See our Telephone Counselling information
Suicide prevention is the reason that Lifeline's 24-hour telephone counselling service was developed more than 40 years ago. Lifeline offers suicide support in several ways
- Lifeline's Suicide Crisis Support Program (LSCSP) - crisis telephone support
- Face to face counselling
- Suicide prevention/intervention training
See our suicide prevention resources
Face to face counselling
Face to face counselling without judgment or religious or cultural bias in a safe and respectful environment. By appointment only.
Please email or call us (9498 8805) to learn more.
Personal/relationship counselling (for couples and individuals)
- Financial counselling
- Problem Gambling counselling
Find out more about Face to Face Counselling
Although Lifeline is known for counselling, Lifeline Harbour to Hawkesbury also provides practical help for those in need.
- Community Aid: This service is to provide assistance to the frail aged, so that they can remain in their own homes for as long as it is safe for them to do so. Support includes transport to medical appointments and shopping/banking for those who are housebound.
- Emergency Relief Service (Hornsby & Ku-ring-gai residents)- Financial or material aid to meet an immediate need, including food, electricity, water, and phone vouchers.
Find out more under 'Practical Help'
A variety of training programs are available to the community and workplace.
- Telephone Counselling (with an option to progress to Certificate IV)
- Applied Suicide Intervention Skills Training (ASIST) and
- Suicide TALK
Lifeline maintains a close working relationship with other agencies and special groups. Some groups are listed here
We support people in need, in many ways.
Our services include:
- 24hr Telephone Counselling
- Face-to-Face counselling
- Suicide prevention programs
- Emergency relief
- Community Aid
- Support Line
Need to contact us?
Want to volunteer?
We are constantly seeking volunteers for all our services, as well as for fundraising, events and marketing. Please contact us to find out more.
"We all go through some difficult times in life. Volunteering with Lifeline is a chance for me to help people in their bad times, just as I've been helped in the past."
Testimonial from a Face-to-Face counsellor (November 2007)